SANDVENTURE AQUATIC PARK, 1101 Adams St., Shakopee, MN 55379 | Phone: 952-233-3840
Weather Hotline: 952-233-9502 | Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (11 a.m.-4 p.m. on July 4)
Open daily through Sunday, Aug. 19
Whether you’re looking for excitement or a quiet place to relax in the sun, SandVenture Aquatic Park will fit the bill.
Our unique pool was modeled after area lakes and offers a sand beach leading out to a sand-bottom, chlorinated pool. Soak up the sun or build sand castles with the kids on a relaxing summer afternoon.
Amenities also include:
- 300-foot waterslide
- Two 12-foot drop slides
- Diving board
- Concession stand (No outside food is allowed within the pool enclosure)
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms and family changing rooms
- Daily admissions, punch cards and season passes
SandVenture also hosts several special events:
- Father/Mother's Day Special: Free admission for parents with paid admission for child
- Happy 50th Birthday Celebration: 1/2 off memberships, $2 daily admission, games, cake and Bob the Beachcomber performance on Saturday, June 30, 1-4 p.m.
- Celebrate the Red, White & Blue (Fourth of July): Half-off admission from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Half-Way Half-Pay Day: Half-off admission and season memberships on Thursday, July 12
- Carnival Splashtacular: $2 admission on Friday, Aug. 3, following the Summer Carnival
- Treasure Hunt Beach Bash: Sunday, Aug. 19, 1-4 p.m.
Closing for Inclement Weather
If the temperature is less than 65 degrees or the number of swimmers is fewer than 15 at 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., the Aquatic Park may be closed at the Parks and Recreation Department's discretion. If the weather is questionable, please call 952-233-9502 or check our Facebook page. Evening swim lessons will still be held at their regular time and may be moved inside to the Community Center in the case of inclement weather.
Slide/Diving Board closures during swimming lessons
The slides and diving board may be closed after 5:15 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays for swimming lessons.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard‐approved life jackets are allowed in the park. All other flotation devices are prohibited.
- Parents with children wearing a life jacket must be within arm’s reach of the children and actively supervising them.
- Life jackets and goggles are not permitted on any of the slides or in the diving well.
Read more about the rules and expectations for behavior [PDF] at SandVenture Aquatic Park.