Quarry Lake Park, 6201 Innovation Blvd., Shakopee, MN 55379
The 111-acre park in the East Shakopee Industrial area contains a quarry lake used by the Shakopee-Prior Lake Water Ski Association. Fishing and non-motorized boat used is allowed at the lake.
Improvements are ongoing at Quarry Lake Park. Find more information about a proposed mountain bike trail.
Fishing is allowed from the dock in the northwest corner of the lake or from shore. Non-motorized watercraft use is also allowed as marked by buoys.
An angling license and trout/salmon stamp is required for all fishing.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources annually stocks the lake with rainbow trout.
- As a designated trout lake, fishing is allowed only during open trout-fishing seasons in lakes. Check Minnesota DNR fishing regulations for current seasons.
- Anglers need a special trout stamp with their fishing license to fish designated trout streams and trout lakes. The stamp can be purchased at a DNR license center, online or by phone.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the lake or trails. Anglers must enter the lake on foot from the designated trail in the park's northwest parking lot.
- Parking is allowed only in the parking lot or on Innovation Boulevard.
- Because the lake is spring-fed, the ice may not be consistent. Therefore, anglers should check for ice safety as they proceed onto the lake.
Fishing and non-motorized watercraft are authorized in the northeast part of the lake, as marked by the buoys. Anyone using the lake is asked to watch out for water skiers.
In 2014, the City Council approved a concept plan for Quarry Lake Park. However, that plan was reviewed as part of the Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan process.