Update March 10: The city's outdoor ice rinks and warming houses are officially closed for the season.
The city has three staffed warming houses and six outdoor rink locations throughout the city. From mid-December to late February (weather permitting), warming houses are open, rinks are lit and an attendant is on duty. Skate rentals are not available at the outdoor rinks. The Park Maintenance Division maintains the rinks, flooding and sweeping as needed throughout the skating season.
Skating Rink Locations
- Green Meadows Park, 3100 Thrush St.
- Scenic Heights Park, 1195 Ruby Lane
- Lions Park, 1103 Adams St.
- Westminster Park, 801 Valley View Dr. E.
- Riverside Fields Park, 7800 Crossings Blvd.
- Southbridge Community Park, 7101 Southbridge Parkway
To turn on rink lights, push the light button between 4 and 10 p.m. to activate the lights. At Westminster Park, the lights are on a remote timer and turn on automatically from sunset to 10 p.m.
Cold Weather Policy
Rinks will close if the temperature is -10 degrees or colder, or if the windchill is -15 degrees or below. When in doubt, call the Weather Hotline at 952-233-9502.