@ SOUTHBRIDGE COMMUNITY PARK, 7101 Southbridge Parkway, Shakopee, MN 55379
Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, year-round
Fee: Included in the City of Shakopee's Dog License
NOTE: Public Works will be burning brush, as well as dead and hazardous trees at the dog park throughout the winter 2020 months. Please watch for crews and give them space to work.
The dog park at Southbridge Community Park, 7101 Southbridge Parkway, features:
- 10-acre all-breed park area
- .5-acre area for small-breed dogs only. The small dog area is limited to dogs no taller than 13” at the shoulder that weigh no more than 25 pounds.
- Water station
The fee to use the dog park is included in the City of Shakopee Dog License. Please make sure your dog is properly licensed and review the rules and regulations before visiting the park.
All dogs, including resident and non-resident dogs using the off-leash dog areas, must be licensed in the City of Shakopee and properly vaccinated. This includes dogs that live in other cities.
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs must be licensed in the City of Shakopee and properly vaccinated.
- Use of the off-leash dog park is at the discretion of the handler. The off-leash dog park is not staffed. Owner waives liability to the City of Shakopee for any injury or damage caused by pet. Owners are solely liable for injuries or damages caused by their dog(s).
- Dogs must be under visual contact and voice control of the handler at all times. A dog is considered under voice control if it will come when called. Dogs are never to be left unattended. Permission must be granted by each handler for dogs to play or interact with another dog.
- Handlers must remain in the area with their dogs at all times.
- Each handler must clean up and dispose of dog feces in a sanitary manner, as per city ordinance. A trash barrel is provided at the park.
- Dogs that have been declared dangerous, as per city ordinance or potentially dangerous in any community, or that have a history of aggressive behavior are not allowed. Any dog that exhibits aggressive behaviors must be removed immediately by the handler.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the Off-Leash Dog Park. A dog may not be leashed within the Off-Leash Dog Park except for immediate removal. The handler must keep the leash on their person at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed without a supervising adult. Very young children are not recommended to be inside the Off-Leash Dog Park.
- No more than 3 pets per dog handler are allowed in the area at any given time.
- Female dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months are not allowed in the park.
- No rawhides, food (dog or human), glass bottles, strollers, carriages, bicycles, chairs, skateboards or scooters allowed in the dog park.
- Professional dog trainers are not allowed to use the facility to conduct business.
- This park is tobacco, drugs and alcohol free.
- The small dog area is limited to dogs no taller than 13” at the shoulder that weigh no more than 25 pounds.
- City Code Chapter 91 and City Code 130.03 applies to this park. City ordinances will be enforced.
- This park is for everyone; please be considerate!