Shakopee Aquatics is dedicated to providing opportunities for all to enjoy many aquatic activities, as well as learn to be safe in and around the water.
Learn to Swim
We utilize the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program; class descriptions and lesson schedules are available in the latest activities brochure. If you have questions on level placement, please call 952-233-9500.
- Practice outside of class time is essential for improved skill acquisition.
- Attendance is very important. New skills will build upon those learned in previous classes.
- Make-ups for missed classes are not allowed.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your class to change into swimming attire and shower. Showers are mandatory.
- Classes are held at the Shakopee Community Center and SandVenture Aquatic Park.
Water Fitness Classes
We offer a variety of water fitness classes, including Aqua Zumba, Deep Water, Water Aerobics and Water HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). See the current fitness schedule for dates and times.
Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor Training
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION COURSE
This course trains swimmers to become a professional lifeguard. Students must attend all classes to obtain an LGT certificate. Students must be 15 years of age, demonstrate Level 5 swimming ability and possess a mature and dependable character. Certification includes CPR and basic first aid.
Lifeguards who pass our certification class may be refunded their fee after working for the city for six months. Contact the Aquatics Supervisor Katelyn Nadeau at knadeau@ShakopeeMN.gov, for more information about our reimbursement program.
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR COURSE
This course is designed for those individuals who would like to teach swimming lessons and share their love of swimming with others. Students must be at least 16 years old, demonstrate Level 5 or higher swim skill and possess a desire to help others learn to swim.
See our activities brochure for information about current classes.