This project includes the reconstruction or rehabilitation of existing bituminous trails in the city.
- Reclaim existing pavement and lay new pavement.
- Includes reconstruction of pedestrian curb ramps to comply with the city's ADA Transition plan, which was adopted in 2018.
- Trails are identified by their age and condition.
- West Shakopee: Trail along Vierling Drive between Taylor Street and Presidential Lane. Also, the northern section of trail in the Tahpah Park trail system.
- Central Shakopee: Trail along Independence Drive between 17th Avenue East and Thrush Street.
The 2020 project is estimated at $540,000. Funding will come from the Capital Improvement Fund and the Park Asset Internal Services Fund.
- Sealcoats selected trails by applying a layer of protective oil to the surface of the asphalt, which reduces the wear and tear from rain and ultraviolet light.
- Work typically begins in late summer and completed by the fall.