Each summer, the city annually rehabilitates and overlays existing trails to extend the life of the pavement.
Reconstruction and Rehabilitation
- Reclaim existing pavement and lay new pavement.
- Includes reconstruction of pedestrian curb ramps to comply with the city's ADA Transition plan, which was adopted in 2018.
- Trails are identified by their age and condition.
At its June 18, 2019, meeting, the City Council approved moving the 2019 projects to 2020 due to higher-than-anticipated bids.
- Mills, paves and sealcoats selected trails with new bituminous overlays.
- Work typically begins in late summer and completed by the fall.