The City of Shakopee is proposing to develop to outlots in the Lennar development at Ridge Creek as a nature-centric, passive park that incorporates the existing wetlands and natural features while completing important trail connections from neighborhoods east and south of the development to Ridge Creek, Dean Lake and city destinations to the north and west.
The park improvements include:
- Nature park amenities (board walks, trails, overlooks and education elements)
- Wetland enhancement
- Realignment and restoration of the Prior Lake Outlet Channel to better handle increased run-off due to development.
- Incorporate water quality best management practices to reduce sediment and phosphorus
Alignment to Community Priorities and Goals
The project fits with the goals and priorities of the community and the comprehensive plan by creating more park, trail and open space opportunities that enhance the quality of life of residents and visitors.
Construction is anticipated to start in 2020 and end in 2021.
|Design concept plan approved||City Council||Dec. 4, 2018|
|City hires consultants from MKSK and Barr Engineering||City Council||April 2, 2019|
|City receives $250,000 grant from Minnesota Department of Natural Resources||MnDNR||Summer 2019|
Park development is estimated at $3.85 million. Funding is anticipated to come from a variety of sources:
- Storm Drainage Fund
- $100,000 as cost sharing with the Lower Minnesota River Watershed District
- $108,000 cost-sharing with Prior Lake Outlet Channel cooperators
- $250,000 Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Outdoor Recreation Grant
- $71,570 Minnesota Board of Water & Soil Resources funding
Ridge Creek Park will create important trail connections and outdoor space for community members.