The 111-acre park in the East Shakopee Industrial area contains a quarry lake used by the Shakopee-Prior Lake Water Ski Association.
The park, located at 6201 Innovation Blvd., is currently open to the public with Phase I construction completed in November 2016.
Fishing at Quarry Lake
Fishing is allowed from the dock in the northwest corner of the lake or from shore. Non-motorized watercraft use is also allowed as marked by buoys.
An angling license and trout/salmon stamp is required for all fishing.
In 2016, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources stocked the lake with 15,000 rainbow trout and 1,500 brook trout. In 2017, the DNR stocked an additional 12,000 rainbow trout.
- Winter trout-in-lake season runs Jan. 13 through April 1.
- Anglers need a special trout stamp with their fishing license to fish designated trout streams and trout lakes. The stamp can be purchased at a DNR license center, online or by phone.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the lake or trails. Anglers must enter the lake on foot from the designated trail in the park's northwest parking lot.
- Parking is allowed only in the parking lot or on Innovation Boulevard.
- Because the lake is spring-fed, the ice may not be consistent. Therefore, anglers should check for ice safety as they proceed onto the lake.
Quarry Lake Water Use
Fishing and non-motorized watercraft are authorized in the northeast part of the lake, as marked by the buoys. Anyone using the lake is asked to watch out for water skiers.
In 2014, the City Council approved a concept plan for Quarry Lake Park. However, that plan is being re-reviewed as part of the Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan process.