The city takes pride in maintaining and enhancing the city’s park system for the residents of Shakopee. Amenities are being added and new parks are being built.
- Quarry Lake Park
- Memorial Park Pedestrian Bridge
- Annual Trail Improvements
- 12th Avenue Trail Construction
- Ridge Creek Park
- Splash Pad at Lions Park
- County Highway 16 Trail: In 2020, the city plans to construct a new multi-use trail (non-motorized) between Spring Lake Drive and County Highway 18 that will complete the gap of the County Highway 16 Regional Trail
- Highway 169 Pedestrian Trail Connection: The city continues to apply for federal transportation funding to construct a pedestrian and bicycle bridge over Highway 169. The city has future plans to build a pedestrian bridge over Highway 169, connecting the Quarry Lake area with the Dean Lake/Southbridge area.
- Lions Park Warming House: The city removed the former warming house in 2017-18 due to safety issues. The City Council has decided to pause all major park development projects until completing a master park development and management plan. We anticipate that plan will be developed throughout 2018.