The “Take It To The Box” program promotes the safe use, storage and disposal of unneeded medication, prescription medication, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia. A drug disposal box is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at:Scott County Sheriff’s Office Main Lobby
301 Fuller St.
Shakopee, MN 55379
All drop-offs are anonymous. Items accepted include:
- Unused/expired prescription medicine
- Over-the-counter medications
- Animal medications
- Liquid medications (must be in leak-proof containers)
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
Before disposing of medication into the box, please do the following:
- Leave medication in original container.
- Remove your name and personal information.
- Keep the name of the medication on the container.
- Keep the container closed.
- For illegal drugs and/or drug paraphernalia: Place in a paper bag or other container for privacy before dropping it into the disposal box.
PLEASE NOTE: The program does NOT accept needles, sharps or syringes. To dispose, we recommend placing syringes in an old detergent bottle or coffee can, duct taping the can shut and marking the outside with a sharpie that says "Used Syringes." Throw the bottle in the garbage, not the recycling.
The Take It To The Box program is funded by local law enforcement agencies and the Scott County Drug Prevention Task Force, ChooseNotToUse.
For more information, residents may call 952-239-6885 or visit choosenottouse.org/Box.