CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities are closed until further notice. Shakopee City Hall will reopen to the public beginning Monday, June 1. The Shakopee Police Department, Shakopee Public Works and Shakopee Ice Arena will also reopen for public business.

The Shakopee Community Center remains closed in accordance with state orders.

City staff are continuing to provide essential services. Contact us by phone, website or email. Find the latest updates at

Code Enforcement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Below are a few some city ordinances about which the Police Department receives the most questions. A complete list of city ordinances can be found in the City Code.

If you have questions about these ordinances or would like to report a violation, please contact the city’s community service officer at 952-233-9400 or Report a Problem.

We do not accept anonymous complaints.


  • Animals

  • Construction Hours

  • Curfew

  • Electric & Motorized Scooters

  • Fireworks

  • Grass & Weeds

  • Hunting

  • Noise Ordinance

  • Overhanging Trees and Bushes

  • Parking

  • Peddlers, Solicitors & Transient Merchants

  • Recreational fires

  • RVs and Seasonal Vehicles

  • Snow Removal

  • Ted Foss Law

  • Waste Containers