The city's annual street maintenance program includes the rehabilitation of the city's infrastructure (street, sanitary sewer, watermain and storm sewer) in the older sections of the community. The useful life of the infrastructure has been exceeded, and it will be replaced to extend its life.
- Replace aging sewer, water and storm sewer pipes
- Lay new pavement, curb and gutter
Streets are selected for reconstruction from the city’s five-year Capital Improvement Plan.
Streets to be reconstructed in 2019 include:
- Scott Street from Fourth Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- Minnesota Street cul-de-sac south of Fourth Avenue
- Seventh Avenue from Spencer Street to Sommerville Street
Note: Reconstruction of Levee Drive, Scott Street (Second Avenue to Levee Drive), Atwood Street and Fuller Street will be delayed to summer 2020. This will accommodate utility relocation and initial construction of the River Bluff Apartments Development.
The 2019 project is estimated at $2.3 million. Funding for this project will come from a variety of sources:
- Capital Improvement Fund
- Shakopee Public Utilities
- Sanitary Sewer Fund
- Storm Drainage Fund
- Special assessments to the benefiting properties