The city's street maintenance program includes the rehabilitation of the city's infrastructure (street, sanitary sewer, watermain and storm sewer) in the older sections of the community. The useful life of the infrastructure has been exceeded, and it will be replaced to extend its life.
- Replace aging sewer, water and storm sewer pipes
- Lay new pavement, curb and gutter
- Upgrade pedestrian ramps to ADA compliance
Streets are selected for reconstruction from the city’s five-year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Scott Street from Levee Drive to Second Avenue
- Atwood Street from Levee Drive to First Avenue
- Fuller Street from Levee Drive to First Avenue
This project is estimated at $1.95 million and spread out over two years to coordinate with the adjacent property development. Scope of improvements could change due to the redevelopment of Levee Drive and Scott Street area.
Funding for the project typically comes from a variety of sources:
- Capital Improvement Fund
- Shakopee Public Utilities
- Sanitary Sewer Fund
- Storm Drainage Fund
- Special assessments to the benefiting properties