The Street Maintenance Division is responsible for the upkeep of city streets, alleys, sidewalks, trails and signs. Shakopee currently has more than 160 miles of roadway.
- Snow removal
- Street sweeping to remove residual sand, leaves and debris. Curbed streets are swept two to four times a year and as needed. See the Street Sweeping Policy [PDF].
- Repairing potholes and cracks
- Seal coating and blacktopping. Find a list of current road and infrastructure projects.
- Storm cleanup of city-owned trees
- Installation and maintenance of traffic signals, signs and pavement markings
All county highways are the responsibility of Scott County, such as these:
- County Highway 14 (150th Street W)
- County Highway 15 (Marystown Road)
- County Highway 17 (Marschall Road)
- County Highway 16 (17th Avenue/Eagle Creek Boulevard)
County Highway 18 (Southbridge Parkway/Crest Avenue NE)
County Highway 21 (Herrgott Memorial Drive/Eagle Creek Avenue NE)
County Highway 69 (Old Brick Yard Road/First Avenue)
County Road 77 (Koeper Avenue)
County Highway 78 (Chestnut Blvd/130th Street W)
County Road 79 (Townline Avenue/Spencer Street, south of 10th Avenue)
County Highway 81 (Howard Lake Road/154th St W)
County Highway 83 (Canterbury Road/Mystic Lake Drive S)
County Highway 101 (First Avenue W)
US Highway 169 (Johnson Memorial Drive) and ramps are the responsibility of the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Public Works Department, 400 Gorman St. | 952-233-9550