The Engineering Division is responsible for all city infrastructure construction projects. The city partners with area governmental entities, including Scott County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, on projects that impact the greater region.
- 2018 Street Reconstruction Project
- 2018 Bituminous Overlay Project
- Annual Pavement Maintenance: Sealcoats, crack seals, etc.
- County Highway 15/16 Improvements: Extension 17th Avenue and addition of turn lanes from Marystown Road.
- Vierling Drive Extension: Construction of a permanent connection of Vierling Drive between Taylor Street and County Road 69.
- 12th Avenue Trail Addition
- Lateral Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation Program
- 2018 Trail Rehabilitation and Trail Overlay Projects
- County Highway 83/Fourth Avenue Intersection Reconstruction: Scott County is reconstructing the intersection and adding turn lanes for a possible future traffic light. Utility relocation began in fall 2017 with reconstruction set for 2018.
- Flying Cloud Drive Reconstruction: Hennepin County is reconstructing Flying Cloud Drive (County Road 61) between Highway 101 and Charlson Road. The new roadway will improve the driving surface and safety along the corridor, raise the road above the 100-year floodplain and add a multi-use trail along the north side of the road that will fill the gap in the trail network from Shakopee to Eden Prairie.
Projects under design with future construction dates:
- Canterbury Commons Public Infrastructure Projects (2018-23)
- Highway 169 Frontage Road: Scott County plans to construct a frontage road from County Highway 69 to Mobile Manor. The project is intended to remove direct access from Mobile Manor to Highway 169. The project is planned for early 2018.
- Interchange at Highway 169/State Highway 41/County Highway 78: Scott County plans to build an interchange in 2018. This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.
- County Highway 42 Reconstruction: In 2020, Scott County plans to reconstruct County Highway 42 between County Highway 17 and County Highway 83 from a two-lane to a four-lane divided highway.
See more city-proposed future improvements in the Capital Improvement Plan.