The Engineering Division is responsible for all city infrastructure construction projects. The city partners with area governmental entities, including Scott County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, on projects that impact the greater region.
- Shenandoah Drive Construction: A new public street will connect the intersection of Eastway Avenue, Shenandoah Drive and Barenscheer Boulevard with the intersection of 12th Avenue and Vierling Drive.
- 12th Avenue Reconstruction: Reconstruction of 12th Avenue between Vierling Drive and County Highway 83.
- 12th Avenue Trail Addition
- 2019 Street Reconstruction
- 2019 Pavement Mill & Overlay
- Annual Pavement Maintenance: Sealcoats, crack seals, etc.
- Lateral Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation: An annual project to rehabilitate sewer pipes throughout the city.
- 17th Avenue Pedestrian Crossings: Scott County is installing rapid flashing beacons at five intersections along County Highway 16 (17th Avenue). Temporary signal poles have been installed with permanent structures planned for 2019.
- Flying Cloud Drive Reconstruction: Hennepin County is reconstructing Flying Cloud Drive (County Road 61) between Highway 101 and Charlson Road. The new roadway will improve the driving surface and safety along the corridor, raise the road above the 100-year floodplain and add a multi-use trail along the north side of the road that will fill the gap in the trail network from Shakopee to Eden Prairie.
- Interchange at Highway 169/State Highway 41/County Highway 78: Scott County has started work on a two-year project to build and interchange. This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.
Projects under design with future construction dates:
- Canterbury Commons Public Infrastructure Projects (2018-23)
- County Highway 42 Reconstruction: In 2020, Scott County plans to reconstruct County Highway 42 between County Highway 17 and County Highway 83 from a two-lane to a four-lane divided highway.
- County Highway 83 Reconstruction: In 2021, Scott County plans to reconstruct County Highway 83 between Fourth Avenue and Highway 169.
See more city-proposed future improvements in the Capital Improvement Plan.