|UPDATE MAy 27, 2020: Due to precautionary measures related to COVID-19, the 2020 spring Clean Up Day event has been rescheduled to Saturday, July 18.|
The City of Shakopee, in cooperation with Louisville Township, Jackson Township and Scott County, offers a spring and fall Clean Up Day for household junk that can be recycled.
Please note, our Public Works Department is taking extra precautions to ensure this is a safe event for all participants. Check or credit card preferred; cash may be accepted. Shakopee Rotary will not be collecting donations for Bridging, Inc.
WHERE: Public Works Building, 400 Gorman St. (Enter off Fourth Avenue)
Clean Up Day is for residents of Shakopee, Jackson Township, and Louisville Township (IDs required) and is funded in part through grants received from Scott County.
Residents will be charged a flat fee (check or credit card; cash may be accepted) based on the type of vehicle hauling. Additional fees apply as noted.
- Car/SUV/Minivan: $25
- Pick-up Truck: $30
- Vehicle with Trailer: $35
- Moving Truck/Van: $45
Note: Excessive loads may incur additional fee.
- Electronics: Stereo, TV, VCR/DVD, desktop copier/printer/scanner, cellphones, answering machines, laptops, vacuums, small household electronics
- Console or projection TV
- Computers: Please clean personal information off hard drives before recycling.
- Car batteries
- Tires (maximum eight).
- Couches, chairs, miscellaneous furniture
- Mattresses/Box Spring ($20 each)
- Propane tanks
- General scrap metal: BBQ grills (remove briquettes), lawn mowers (drain fuel/oil), patio furniture, motors, pots and pans, copper piping/tubing, brass faucets, stainless sinks, fitness equipment, bed frames, etc.
- Appliances ($10/each): Stove, refrigerator, freezer, water heater, dehumidifier, water softener, microwave, washer, dryer.
- Light bulbs (first 10 free; $2 per bulb over 10)
- Concrete/asphalt, landscape blocks, untreated lumber
- Residential rolled carpet only:
- Rolls should be 6 feet wide or less tied with duct tape or twine.
- Separated urethane foam padding accepted
- No commercial carpet, rubber backed carpet or rubber pad, carpet tile, other rigid flooring, no carpet scraps or trimmings, tack strips, nails, staples or knife blades, wet glue, debris, refuse, rocks or caked mud, co-mingled refuse
- Yard waste: Grass, leaves, garden material, brush, etc. in compostable bags only.
- Brush bundles: Cut in 6-foot lengths bound with biodegradable twine.
- Plastic, mirrors/glass, broken/old household items
- Please put your loose garbage in a box or tote bin for easy, clean loading and unloading
- Paints, Paint Cans
- Tree Stumps
- RV/Gas Refrigerators
- Contractor Building Material Debris
- Hot Tubs, Bath Tubs, Whirlpool Tubs
- Lithium Ion Batteries.
No need to wait in line! Drop off items in front of 500 Gorman St. building at no cost.
- Clothes, shoes, linens, accessories
Scott County Household Hazardous Waste Facility accepts many of the "not accepted" items. Please call them at 952-496-8652 or visit its website for details.
Dem Con Recovery and Recycling, LLC in Shakopee accepts many large items and some of the "not accepted" items for a fee. The service providers on this list may also take some of the "not accepted" items.
Drop off unused medication at a Take It to the Box collection site. A box is available in the lobby at the Scott County Sheriff's Office.