Each September, the city hosts the Show Off Shakopee photo contest, celebrating everything that makes Shakopee special.
2019 Theme: A City For All Seasons
Shakopee residents are invited to submit photos that celebrate the four seasons (spring, summer, fall and winter).
Contest entries will be accepted online Sept. 1-30.
Eligibility & Contest Rules
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers who live, work or attend school in Shakopee. Entries must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Limit three entries per photographer.
- City employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- By submitting photos, you agree to the terms of the city's Photographer Consent Form [PDF]; a completed form is not required.
- For photos with recognizable people, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the person's image. By submitting to the contest, the photographer affirms he/she has obtained such consent.
- All submissions became the property of the City of Shakopee and may be used in any city material.
- Photos will be accepted in four categories: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. The city has the right to reclassify photos if deemed appropriate.
- Photos shall not be more than two years old and must be taken in the City of Shakopee.
- Submissions must be at least 2400x3000 pixels with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Only digital images will be accepted (JPG, TIFF, etc.).
- Minor digital enhancements, such as cropping, are allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
Judging & Awards
A judging panel of city staff will evaluate the entries on subject matter, composition, clarity, lighting, artistry, technical excellence and overall impact. All decisions will be final; judges reserve the right not to award a winner.
One winning photo will be selected from each seasonal category with an overall Grand Prize winner chosen from among the top seasonal pictures. The Grand Prize winner will receive $100; the remaining three category winners will receive $50 each.
Winning photographs will be announced in the Winter 2020 Hometown Messenger. They will also be featured on the city website and at city hall.
- Winners & Finalists 2016
Show Off Shakopee Photo Contest
Contains 16 Photo(s)
- Winners & Finalists 2017
The winners and finalists for the 2017 Show Off Shakopee photo contest.
Contains 17 Photo(s)
- Winners & Finalists 2018
Winners and finalists from the 2018 Show Off Shakopee photo contest.
Contains 20 Photo(s)