The city will conduct fitness testing for Shakopee police officer candidates. Fitness examinations will be conducted May 21, 23 and 30, 2018, by appointment. Candidates eligible to participate in the examinations are those having submitted a completed application form to the city by the deadline of May 4, 2018, and who have been selected to test based on the rating of their training and experience.
- The testing location is Shakopee Junior High West, Vaughan Field, 200 10th Avenue East. Please dress appropriately and bring a bottle of water.
- Testing dates/times are: May 21 at 7 and 7:45 p.m.; May 23 at 7 and 7:45 p.m.; May 30 at 7 and 7:45 p.m.
- You must present a current, government-issued photo I.D. to be admitted to the test.
- Please print out and complete the Waiver Form [PDF] and bring it with you to the test.
- If the testing has to be canceled due to inclement weather, we will notify you via the email address provided on your application form no later than 1 p.m. on the testing date.
- These tests will be run in accordance with the Cooper Fitness Standards for Law Enforcement Personnel [PDF], a nationally recognized program utilized by numerous agencies around the country.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Number of sit-ups in 1 minute
- Number of push-ups in 1 minute
- 1.5-mile run