Each September, the city hosts the Show Off Shakopee photo contest, celebrating everything that makes Shakopee special. In 2018, the contest had three categories: Activities & Events, Landmarks & Nature and People, Pets & Families.
Grand Prize Winner ($100): "Midnight Crossing" by Joseph Yetman
Activities & Events Winner ($50): "Fight, Fight, Fight for Shako High" by Katharine Caliri
Landmarks & Nature Winner ($50): "Sunset Stroll on the Old Bridge" by Betsy Stafford-Larkin
People, Pets & Families Winner ($50): "Sister Walk" by Christopher Anderson
Eligibility & Contest Rules
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers who live, work in or go to school in Shakopee. Entries must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Limit three entries.
- City employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
- By submitting photos, you agree to the terms of the city's Photographer Consent Form [PDF]; a completed form is not required.
- For photos with recognizable people, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the person's image. By submitting to the contest, the photographer affirms he/she has obtained such consent.
- All entries became the property of the City of Shakopee and may be used in any city material.
Judging & Awards
A judging panel of city staff will evaluate the entries on subject matter, composition, clarity, lighting, artistry, technical excellence and overall impact. All decisions will be final; judges reserve the right not to award a winner. Winning photos are announced in the Winter/Spring 2019 Hometown Messenger and displayed at city hall and the Shakopee Library.
- Winners & Finalists 2016
Show Off Shakopee Photo Contest
Contains 16 Photo(s)
- Winners & Finalists 2017
The winners and finalists for the 2017 Show Off Shakopee photo contest.
Contains 17 Photo(s)
- Winners & Finalists 2018
Winners and finalists from the 2018 Show Off Shakopee photo contest.
Contains 20 Photo(s)