Shakopee’s residential, commercial and industrial sectors continue to experience tremendous growth. The development has helped strengthen and diversify the city’s tax base, as well as create new job opportunities for the city’s skilled workforce.
Current and Proposed Projects
- Downtown Improvements: The city is making improvements to three public spaces to increase the visibility and vitality of downtown Shakopee.
- City Hall Redevelopment: The city is looking to redevelop its former city hall site at 129 Holmes St. S.
- Windermere: D.R. Horton plans to build residential housing west of Marystown Road and south of Highway 169.
- Ridge Creek: Lennar Homes plans to build 104 single-family homes on 79.4 acres north of Scott County Highway 16 between Pike Lake Road and the Riverside Bluffs development.
- Canterbury Commons: Canterbury Park is looking to redevelop approximately 350 acres with a mix of residential, commercial, retail and entertainment uses.
- West Shakopee Gateway: The city is leading the development of approximately 30 city-owned acres near Shakopee Town Square in west Shakopee.
- West Vierling Acres: A three-phase development project, including Hy-Vee grocery store, at Viering Drive and Adams Street.
The city's interactive project development map allows you to browse current development projects, including infrastructure and parks, happening throughout Shakopee. If you have any questions about the map, please contact webmaster@ShakopeeMN.gov.