Shakopee’s residential, commercial and industrial sectors continue to experience tremendous growth. The development has helped strengthen and diversify the city’s tax base, as well as create new job opportunities for the city’s skilled workforce.
Current and Proposed Projects
- Canterbury Commons: Canterbury Park is looking to redevelop approximately 350 acres with a mix of residential, commercial, retail and entertainment uses.
- City Hall Redevelopment: The city is looking to redevelop its former city hall site at 129 Holmes St. S.
- Downtown Improvements: The city is making improvements to three public spaces to increase the visibility and vitality of downtown Shakopee.
- Ridge Creek: Lennar Homes plans to build 104 single-family homes on 79.4 acres north of Scott County Highway 16 between Pike Lake Road and the Riverside Bluffs development.
- River Bluff Development: Gaughan Cos. is looking to build a 125-unit, market-rate apartment complex with riverfront restaurant.
- Sarazin Flats: MWF Properties is constructing 105 multi-family residential units near Sarazin Street and Downing Avenue.
- Scott County Government Center Improvements: Scott County is expanding its campus with renovations to its existing buildings, as well as a new building and parking lot.
- Southbridge Senior Housing: Builders Lot Group is proposing to build a memory care and assisted living facility on 1.4 acres in Southbridge.
- Stagecoach at Southbridge: Builders Lot Group is building 59 single-family homes and park in east Shakopee.
- West Shakopee Gateway: The city is leading the development of approximately 30 city-owned acres near Shakopee Town Square in west Shakopee.
- Windermere: D.R. Horton plans to build residential housing west of Marystown Road and south of Highway 169. The project also includes a 183-unit senior housing complex by Benedictine Health Services.
The city's interactive project development map allows you to browse current development projects, including infrastructure and parks, happening throughout Shakopee. If you have any questions about the map, please contact webmaster@ShakopeeMN.gov.