CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities are open to the public. The Shakopee Community Center will reopen July 6. Find the latest updates at

Business Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

CITY HALL, 485 Gorman St., Shakopee, MN 55379
Phone: 952-233-9300 | Fax: 952-233-3801 | Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for issuing business, liquor and other business related licenses. License applications are available at City Hall.

Applicants are asked to schedule an appointment with the City Clerk's Office prior to bringing in a business license application. Call 952-233-9300 and ask for Heidi or Lori to set up an appointment.

Business Licenses
Currency Exchange
Liquor Licenses
Massage Therapist License
Massage Therapy Business License
Mobile Food Trucks
Pawnbrokers, Precious Metal Dealers and Secondhand Dealers
Peddlers, Solicitors & Transient Merchants
Pet Store License
Refuse Hauler (Commercial) License
Taxi Driver License
Taxicab Business License
Tobacco Sales License

Additional Licenses

More information on these licenses is available by contacting the City Clerk’s Office.

  • Amusement: Anyone looking to operate a ski lift, ride, amusement ride or concession booth in Shakopee.
  • Outdoor Performance Centers: Defined as outdoor premises that host shows, theatrical performances, concerts, exhibits and events; seat more than 1,000 patrons; and charge admission.