The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for the review and management of development and redevelopment to ensure projects are orderly, efficient and of high standard. The division's main functions include:
- Preparing and implementing the city’s comprehensive plan, which serves as the city's vision for its future and long-range guide for development
- Administering city zoning ordinances
- Reviewing zoning and site design of current development projects
- Providing recommendations to the Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment and Appeals and City Council on land use issues
- Issuing sign permits
Planning & Zoning Applications
Requests for zoning changes, variances, conditional use permits, subdivisions, site plans, plats, easement vacation and comprehensive plan amendments require review by the Planning Commission and approval by the City Council.
Seasonal Sales Permit
- Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Required for seasonal sales of farm-produced items, such as fruits, vegetables and Christmas trees. Permits are good for a maximum three months and only two permits are allowed per year per site.
Submitting an application
- Apply on our ePermits site.
- Pay application fees online with a credit card. This will begin your project and create a project on our ePlans website. Once your project is created and fees paid, you will receive an email notification from email@example.com with a temporary password and instructions how to log in.
- Upload the Seasonal Sales Permit Application [PDF] through ePlans. All planning projects need to be accompanied by the appropriate planning application, as well as additional submittal requirements.