Utilities for Businesses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Public Works Department is responsible for the planning, operation and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system and the storm drainage system. Water and electric services within the city are municipally owned and independently operated by Shakopee Public Utilities.

Sewer, water, electric and storm drainage services are all billed to city residents by Shakopee Public Utilities on a monthly basis.

For questions about utility bills, contact:

Shakopee Public Utilities
255 Sarazin St.
Shakopee, MN 55379

Phone: 952-445-1988
Email: customerservice@shakopeeutilities.com
Website: spucweb.com

Storm Water

  • Departments:Engineering, Public Works
  • Divisions:Utilities for Residents, Utilities for Businesses
  • Phone:952-233-9300

Owners of all parcels of property in the city are charged a fee to cover the cost of managing storm water runoff. The fee is based on the amount of runoff from the property and is determined by its size and land use. The revenue generated by these fees is used for street sweeping and for the maintenance, construction and reconstruction of the storm drainage system in the city. As with the sanitary sewer system, rates are determined by the City Council but billing and collection are handled by Shakopee Public Utilities.

2019 Rates

Storm Water Drainage Rate, per billing cycle
Cost per Residential Equivalency Factor (REF) acre $7.80
Residential property (1/3 of an REF acre) $2.60
Return to full list >>