The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for the review and management of development and redevelopment to ensure projects are orderly, efficient and of high standard. The division's main functions include:
- Preparing and implementing the city’s comprehensive plan, which serves as the city's vision for its future and long-range guide for development
- Administering city zoning ordinances
- Reviewing zoning and site design of current development projects
- Providing recommendations to the Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment and Appeals and City Council on land use issues
- Issuing sign permits
Planning & Zoning Applications
Requests for zoning changes, variances, conditional use permits, subdivisions, site plans, plats, easement vacation and comprehensive plan amendments require review by the Planning Commission and approval by the City Council.
Woodland Alteration Permit
- Residential parcels 2.5 acres or greater AND all commercial/industrial parcels when any private or public infrastructure and utility installation, building construction, excavation, grading, clearing, filling or other earth change will occur in the cutting, removal or killing of a significant tree.
- Residential parcels 2.5 acres or smaller for construction of an initial dwelling.
Contact the Planning Division for more information at 952-233-9322.