Taxi Driver License
- Departments:City Clerk
- Divisions:Business Licenses
- APPLY IN PERSON @City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Applicants are asked to schedule an appointment with the City Clerk's Office prior to bringing in a business license application. Call 952-233-9300 and ask for Heidi or Lori to set up an appointment.
To operate a taxicab, drivers must obtain a license from the city.
How to obtain a license
Applicants should file with the City Clerk’s Office:
- Taxi Drivers License [PDF] application and $100 background check fee (first time only)
- Age, place of birth, home address
- Names and addresses of two references
- Experience in transportation, employment history for 10 years, educational background
- Proof of Minnesota driver’s license
Once complete, the City Clerk will contact applicants for the license fee (see Fee Schedule).
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.