Pet Store License
- Departments:City Clerk
- Divisions:Business Licenses
- Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Applicants are asked to schedule an appointment with the City Clerk's Office prior to bringing in a business license application. Call 952-233-9300 and ask for Heidi or Lori to set up an appointment.
Pet store owners must obtain a one-time license in order to operate in the city. The ordinance does not include bait shops, petting zoos or breeders who sell pets out of their home.
How to obtain a license
- Submit a Pet Store License [PDF] application and $50 background check fee
- Submit a copy of general liability insurance
- Pay license fee (see Fee Schedule) after license has been approved
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.