CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities are open to the public. Find the latest updates at

Licenses & Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The City of Shakopee issues many different types of permits and licenses. While many can be purchased online, some require in-person application. Select your permit type for more information.

Dog License

All dogs over 6 months must be licensed in the City of Shakopee. Shakopee dog licenses are required to use the off-leash dog area at Southbridge Community Park. This includes dogs that live in other cities.

License Fees

  • $25 annual license (calendar year)
  • $125 lifetime license (good for life of the registered dog; cannot be transferred)
  • $5 replacement tag

To Obtain a License

Please submit the following to the Parks and Recreation Department:

Where can I get a license?

  • Community Center, 1255 Fuller St. S. Shakopee
  • Purchase online (Must provide proof of rabies vaccination by email, fax or mail. Your tag will be mailed once proof is received.)
  • Mail application, proof of rabies vaccination and check to Parks and Recreation Department, 1255 Fuller St. S., Shakopee MN 55379

Any questions concerning dog licenses, please call 952-233-9500.

Return to full list >>

Driver's Licenses

The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.

Business Licensing or Regulation

Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.

Food and Health Licenses

If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.

Charitable Gambling Licenses

Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.