- Departments:Parks and Recreation
- Divisions:Miscellaneous Permits, Parks & Recreation Permits
- APPLY ONLINE http://parksandrec.ShakopeeMN.gov
All dogs over 6 months must be licensed in the City of Shakopee. Shakopee dog licenses are required to use the off-leash dog area at Southbridge Community Park. This includes dogs that live in other cities.
- $25 annual license (calendar year)
- $125 lifetime license (good for life of the registered dog; cannot be transferred)
- $5 replacement tag
To Obtain a License
Please submit the following to the Parks and Recreation Department:
- Dog License Application [PDF]
- Proof of rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinary clinic
- Fee payment
Where can I get a license?
- Community Center, 1255 Fuller St. S. Shakopee
- Purchase online (Must provide proof of rabies vaccination by email, fax or mail. Your tag will be mailed once proof is received.)
- Mail application, proof of rabies vaccination and check to Parks and Recreation Department, 1255 Fuller St. S., Shakopee MN 55379
Any questions concerning dog licenses, please call 952-233-9500.
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.