Licenses & Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The City of Shakopee issues many different types of permits and licenses. While many can be purchased online, some require in-person application. Select your permit type for more information.

Plumbing Permit

Required for any project that requires plumbing work, including:

  • Alterations and Repairs
  • Lawn Sprinkler Permit
  • New Residential Construction Only
  • Plumbing Basement Finish Only
  • Water Heater Permit
  • Water Softener Permit

Apply through ePermits. You will be prompted to submit a Plumbing Permit Application [PDF] during the process.

NOTE: Commercial work with more than five fixture units requires state review. See the Department of Labor and Industry website for more information.

Return to full list >>

Driver's Licenses

The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.

Business Licensing or Regulation

Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.

Food and Health Licenses

If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.

Charitable Gambling Licenses

Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.