Building Inspections handles the application and enforcement of the building code and related ordinances regulating construction and alterations with in the city.
- Departments:Building Inspections
- Divisions:Building Permits
- Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Apply through ePermits. You will be prompted to submit a permit application (see above) during the process.
Applying for a building permit
Most building projects require permits. To apply for a new permit, please use our ePermits site. Please note:
- Many projects require a plan review, which can take up to 10 working days.
- Applications should be submitted well in advance of the scheduled starting date, especially during the summer construction season.
- Plan review fees are paid at the time of submittal. Remaining permit fees are paid once the permit is approved.
- Building Permit Submittal Requirements [PDF] for residential and commercial permits
How to use ePermits & ePlans
Step-by-step ePermits plan review:
- Go to www.ShakopeeMN.gov/epermits
- Create account.
- Select permit applying for.
- Pay plan review fee.
- You should receive an email from (DONOTREPLY@SHAKOPEEMN.GOV) ePlans with a link to planreview.ShakopeeMN.gov/ProjectDox
- Create an account with ePlans and log in.
- Click on Drawings folder and upload drawings/plans.
- Click on Documents folder and upload permit applications or associated documents.
- Complete Applicant Upload Task in Project Flow task list.
- This will send a notification to permit coordinator that your project has been submitted.
- Wait for email notifications regarding your permit:
- Once approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay for your permit and download approved plans.
- Once the permit is paid, you will receive an email with your inspection card.
Questions about ePermits? Contact Permit Coordinator Kelly Buska at kbuska@ShakopeeMN.gov or 952-233-9322 or the Building Division at 952-233-9396.
On-site inspections are required to make certain work conforms to the permit, city and state codes and plans. An experienced code official is available to answer questions concerning your project. The code official will let you know approximately how many inspections may be needed for your project.
A Shakopee code official will provide documentation when construction is completed and the code compliance is determined.
SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION
- Call 952-233-9396 24 hours in advance Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.