Temporary Amusement Park Rides
- Departments:Building Inspections
- Divisions:Miscellaneous Permits
- Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Required for temporary amusement rides and devices as outlined in City Code 110.080. Among the exemptions to this portion of code:
- Permanent theme parks
- Non-mechanized playground equipment
- Amusement devices owned and operated by a nonprofit, religious, educational or charitable institution or association if inside a building
Please note, the State of Minnesota requires amusement rides to be inspected before use. More information, including an affidavit of inspection, is available on the Department of Labor and Industry's website.
Submit a Temporary Amusement Ride Permit Application [PDF] to the Building Division at 485 Gorman St., Shakopee MN 55379.
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.