CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities, including City Hall, are open to the public. The Shakopee Community Center remains closed in accordance with state orders.  Find the latest updates at

Permits & Registration Forms

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Rental Registration

The city requires all rental properties (including single-family homes) to be registered with the Shakopee Police Department. More information at Rental Registration.

Business Licenses

The city also requires licenses for certain businesses, including massage therapy, tattoo parlors and pet stores.

Temporary Amusement Park Rides

  • Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.

Required for temporary amusement rides and devices as outlined in City Code 110.080. Among the exemptions to this portion of code:

  • Permanent theme parks
  • Non-mechanized playground equipment
  • Amusement devices owned and operated by a nonprofit, religious, educational or charitable institution or association if inside a building

Please note, the State of Minnesota requires amusement rides to be inspected before use. More information, including an affidavit of inspection, is available on the Department of Labor and Industry's website.

Submit a Temporary Amusement Ride Permit Application [PDF] to the Building Division at 485 Gorman St., Shakopee MN 55379.

Return to full list >>