The city requires all rental properties (including single-family homes) to be registered with the Shakopee Police Department. More information at Rental Registration.
The city also requires licenses for certain businesses, including massage therapy, tattoo parlors and pet stores.
Temporary Amusement Park Rides
- Departments:Building Inspections
- Divisions:Miscellaneous Permits
- Apply In Person City Hall, 485 Gorman St.
Required for temporary amusement rides and devices as outlined in City Code 110.080. Among the exemptions to this portion of code:
- Permanent theme parks
- Non-mechanized playground equipment
- Amusement devices owned and operated by a nonprofit, religious, educational or charitable institution or association if inside a building
Please note, the State of Minnesota requires amusement rides to be inspected before use. More information, including an affidavit of inspection, is available on the Department of Labor and Industry's website.
Submit a Temporary Amusement Ride Permit Application [PDF] to the Building Division at 485 Gorman St., Shakopee MN 55379.