The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for the review and management of development and redevelopment to ensure projects are orderly, efficient and of high standard. The division's main functions include:
- Preparing and implementing the city’s comprehensive plan, which serves as the city's vision for its future and long-range guide for development
- Administering city zoning ordinances
- Reviewing zoning and site design of current development projects
- Providing recommendations to the Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment and Appeals and City Council on land use issues
- Issuing sign permits
Planning & Zoning Applications
Requests for zoning changes, variances, conditional use permits, subdivisions, site plans, plats, easement vacation and comprehensive plan amendments require review by the Planning Commission and approval by the City Council.
Zoning Verification Letter
- Apply Online http://www.ShakopeeMN.gov/epermits
Zoning verification letters can be issued, with a fee, for any applicant who wants an official letter from the city that verifies zoning and land use information on a specified parcel of land in the city. Fees for verification letters can be found in city’s annual Fee Schedule.