Conditional Use Permit
- Apply Online http://www.ShakopeeMN.gov/epermits
- The use will not be injurious to the use and enjoyment of other property in the immediate vicinity for the purposes already permitted, nor substantially diminish and impair property values within the immediate vicinity;
- The establishment of the conditional use will not impede the normal and orderly development and improvement of surrounding vacant property for uses allowed in the area;
- Adequate utilities, access roads, drainage and other necessary facilities have been or will be provided;
- The use is consistent with the purposes of the zone in which the applicant intends to locate the proposed use
- The use is not in conflict with the comprehensive plan.
In granting a conditional use permit or altering an existing conditional use permit, the Board of Adjustment and Appeals or City Council may impose additional conditions to preserve the health, safety or welfare of the community or in order to implement the purposes of the zoning ordinance or the Comprehensive Plan. Additional criteria must be met for conditional uses within a floodplain overlay zone. These criteria are listed in City Code 151.011, Subd. M.
Submitting an application
- Apply on our ePermits site.
- Pay application fees online with a credit card. This will begin your project and create a project on our ePlans website. Once your project is created and fees paid, you will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org with a temporary password and instructions how to log in.
- Upload the Multi-Purpose Planning & Zoning Application [PDF] (see document for submittal dates) through ePlans. All planning projects need to be accompanied by the appropriate planning application, as well as additional submittal requirements.
Additional submittal requirements
- The legal description of the property
- A mailing label list will be provided by the city to the applicant to send out invites to neighboring properties within 600 feet to a neighborhood meeting to be held at least two weeks before a public hearing.
- Applicant must provide a copy of neighborhood meeting notice and sign-in sheet prior to public hearing for hearing to be opened.
- Evidence of ownership or an interest in the property
- A plat or map of the property which shows, at a minimum, all lot lines, existing and proposed structures, driveways and parking spaces
- Such other information may be required by the city. Examples include:
- Landscaping plan
- Screening plan
- Lighting plan
- Floor plan
- Environmental information
- Project narrative
A conditional use permit shall become void if it is not used within one year of the date of final action by the city. A conditional use permit shall expire if normal operation of the use has been discontinued for six or more months.
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.