- Divisions:Planning Permits, Sign Permits
- APPLY ONLINE http://www.ShakopeeMN.gov/epermits
Sign permits are required for any permanent sign erected within the city and any commercial sign temporary or permanent erected in the city. Temporary ideological, political or non-commercial signage does not require a sign permit. More information about sign permits is available under Sign Permits.
Note: Signs placed within the right-of-way or attached to trees, utility poles, rocks or other similar surfaces are not permitted and can be removed without warning.
Submitting an application
- Apply on our ePermits site.
- Pay application fees online with a credit card. This will begin your project and create a project on our ePlans website. Once your project is created and fees paid, you will receive an email notification from email@example.com with a temporary password and instructions how to log in.
- Upload the Sign Permit Application [PDF] through ePlans. All planning projects need to be accompanied by the appropriate planning application, as well as additional submittal requirements.
The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.
Business Licensing or Regulation
Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.
Food and Health Licenses
If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.
Charitable Gambling Licenses
Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.