CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities are open to the public. Find the latest updates at

Licenses & Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The City of Shakopee issues many different types of permits and licenses. While many can be purchased online, some require in-person application. Select your permit type for more information.

Right-of-Way Permit

Unless otherwise provided in city code, you cannot obstruct or excavate in the right-of-way without first obtaining a right-of-way permit and registration form. Obstructions approved by permit are the responsibility of the property owner.

Right-of-Way Permit Application [PDF]

 Right-of-Way Informational Handout [PDF]

Submit permit application to:

Shakopee Public Works
400 Gorman St.
Shakopee, MN 55379

By email (please sign electronically):

 Questions? 952-233-9550

PLEASE NOTE: All companies and individuals working in a city right-of-way and/or easement must provide a certificate of insurance verifying their insurance is current and active. 

Return to full list >>

Driver's Licenses

The Scott County Customer Service Center, located at 400 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee, provides driver’s license application and renewal, motor vehicle plates and title transactions, passport applications and renewal.

Business Licensing or Regulation

Currently the city does not license or regulate most businesses. For state or county licensing, contact the Minnesota Small Business Assistance Office at 651-556-8425.

Food and Health Licenses

If an individual business involves working with food, or if interested in obtaining a caterer's license, contact the Minnesota Department of Health.

Charitable Gambling Licenses

Contact the Gambling Control Board at 651-639-4072 for information.