CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES: City facilities, including City Hall, the Community Center and Ice Arena, are closed until further notice. City staff are continuing to provide essential services. Contact us by phone, website or email. Find the latest updates at

Latest News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Provided below is news and information from the City of Shakopee. Public notices and proposed ordinances are available elsewhere on the city website.

Serve on a city board or commission

Applications accepted through Jan. 31

Post Date:01/03/2020 1:00 pm

Shakopee, Minn. –  Ever wanted to get involved in city decisions but didn’t know how? Apply to be a member of a city board or commission.

The city has four boards and commissions that advise and assist the City Council in setting city policy. Current openings on the boards and commissions are:

  • Planning Commission/BOAA (three seats)
  • Park and Recreation Advisory Board (three seats)
  • Police Civil Service Commission (one seat)
  • Shakopee Public Utilities Commission (two seats)

Interested community members can apply online at Application deadline is Jan. 31.

Applicant interviews will be held in February. The City Council will appoint boards and commission members to begin their terms in March 2020. Members are appointed to three- or four-year terms.

For more information, visit or call 952-233-9318.


Contact: Lori Hensen, City Clerk, 952-233-9318 |

Return to full list >>