Draft Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR) and Mitigation Plan available for review
SHAKOPEE, MINN. – The City of Shakopee has prepared a draft Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR) and Mitigation Plan to review proposed development within the existing orderly annexation area between the City of Shakopee and Jackson Township.
The AUAR analyzes potential impacts from the 2040 Comprehensive Plan within the study area. At this time, no specific timeline has been prepared for development in the study area.
The study area is generally bound by the Minnesota River on the west, US Highway 169 on the north, Marystown Road on the east and Scott County Highway 78 to the south.
The AUAR document is available on the project website at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/auar. The document is also available for public review and copying during business hours at:
- Department of Planning and Development, Shakopee City Hall, 485 Gorman St., Shakopee
- Shakopee Library, 235 Lewis St. S., Shakopee
- Scott County Government Center, 200 Fourth Ave. W., Shakopee
Comments can be directed to the city during the public comment period through Wednesday, Nov. 27 via:
- Mail to Mark Noble, Senior Planner, City of Shakopee, 485 Gorman St., Shakopee, MN 55379
- Email to mnoble@ShakopeeMN.gov
MARK NOBLE, Senior Planner | 952-233-9348 | mnoble@ShakopeeMN.gov
KRISTIN DORAN, Communications Coordinator | 952-233-9355 | kdoran@ShakopeeMN.gov