After Council Report: April 16
The Shakopee City Council met Tuesday, April 16. Among the meeting highlights:
Council awards contracts for street and utility projects
The City Council awarded contracts to:
- Ryan Contracting Co. in the amount of $1,061,440.50 for the 2019 Street and Utility Reconstruction Project. The city plans to reconstruct Scott Street from Fourth Avenue to Sixth Avenue; Minnesota Street cul-de-sac south of Fourth Avenue; and Seventh Avenue from Spencer Street to Sommerville Street. Work is anticipated to start soon with completion in September. More information: Ryan Halverson, Assistant City Engineer, 952-233-9366.
- Pipe Services Corp. in the amount of $31,329.30 for the 2019 Sanitary Sewer Televising project. The annual project ensures all the city’s sanitary sewer mains are inspected every 10 years. The city plans to televise 92,145 feet of sewer pipe in 2019. More information: Dave Rutt, Street Maintenance Supervisor, 952-233-9556.
Council approves annual street maintenance work contracts
The City Council authorized the city’s portion of contracts for the annual seal coat, crack seal and pavement marking maintenance work. As part of a joint purchasing agreement, the city works with 21 south metro cities, counties and townships to contract out its annual maintenance work. The city’s portion of the 2019 work includes contracts to:
- Pearson Bros. in the amount of $336,408.89 for seal coat
- Asphalt Surfaces Technologies Corp. in the amount of $83,600 for creak seal
- Sir Lines-A-Lot in the amount of $41,550 for pavement markings
Work area maps are available on the city website at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/roadprojects. More information: Dave Rutt, Street Maintenance Supervisor, 952-233-9556.
Council approves plans and orders bids for annual Pavement Mill and Overlay Project
The City Council approved plans and ordered the advertisement of bids for the 2019 Pavement Mill and Overlay Project. The project includes joint and crack repair, patching, reclamation, milling and paving a bituminous overlay of various streets throughout the city, including:
- Southbridge area
- Fairhaven Drive, Abbey Point, Cambridge Way and Langston Court
The city tentatively plans to open bids May 9 with a contract awarded at the May 21 City Council meeting. Work would be performed between June and August 2019. More information: Ryan Halverson, Assistant City Engineer, 952-233-9366.
Council hears results of 2019 Community Survey
The City Council received an overview of results from the 2019 Community Survey. The survey was sent to 1,600 Shakopee households in early January. The council agreed to identify some areas of focus to improve community perception. Survey results are available at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/communitysurvey. More information: Nate Burkett, Assistant City Administrator, 952-233-9314.
Shakopee Lions donate games to city
The City Council gratefully accepted the donation of six box hockey games from the Shakopee Lions Club in the amount of $2,394. The games will be used at community special events.
These summaries are a sampling of the meeting. See the entire agenda packet with supporting documents at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/agendasandminutes. The meeting is also available for viewing on demand at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/livestream. Read past After Council Reports.