Stay InformedSign up for eNotifications to have city news and information delivered to your email inbox.
After Council Report: May 1
The Shakopee City Council met Tuesday, May 1. Among the meeting highlights:
Council approves plats, rezoning of Countryside 2nd Addition
The City Council approved a preliminary and final plat of Countryside 2nd Addition located at 12495 Marystown Road. Kubes Realty is looking to develop the site into 31 single-family residential lots. The property, which was recently annexed into the city in the agricultural preservation zone, was rezoned to Urban Residential (R1B). More information: Kyle Sobota, Senior Planner, 952-233-9346.
Public hearing for TIF district set for July 3
The City Council set a public hearing date for Tax Increment Financing District No. 19 for the River Bluff Development. The hearing has been scheduled for July 3, 2018. The developer will be presenting to council and the Economic Development Authority at the June 5 City Council meeting. More information: Michael Kerski, Director of Planning and Development, 952-233-9346.
Council extends work hours for County Highway 83/Fourth Avenue intersection project
The City Council approved suspending the noise ordinance to allow contractors of the County Highway 83 & Fourth Avenue Intersection Reconstruction project to begin at 6 a.m. Monday through Saturday through Oct. 5, 2018. The extension will help minimize the length of the upcoming County Highway 83 closure. More information: Steve Lillehaug, Public Work Director/City Engineer, 952-233-9361.
Council appoints members to steering committee
The City Council appointed 16 individuals to the Parks, Recreation, Trails and Open Space Steering Committee. The committee will help shape the future of park planning and review the Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan. Committee members include:
- Matt Lehman and Jay Whiting, City Council
- John Otto and Jeremy Casper, Park and Recreation Advisory Board
- Jody Brennan and Ashlee Sepulvado, Planning Commission
- Laura Bjorklund, Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Tim Zunker, Shakopee Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Steve Lillehaug, Public Works Department
- Sherry Dvorak, Parks and Recreation Department representing the various associations
- Michelle Enderson, St. Francis Hospital, Community Wellness Coordinator
- Billy Wermerskirchen, small business owner
- Alicia Watts, Scott O’Brien, Leah Dussold and Bradly McGarr, residents
More information: More information: Michael Kerski, Director of Planning and Development, 952-233-9346.These summaries are a sampling of the meeting. See the entire agenda packet with supporting documents at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/agendasandminutes. The meeting is also available for viewing on demand at www.ShakopeeMN.gov/livestream. Read past After Council Reports.