The calendar shows all public meetings and City of Shakopee events. You can also subscribe to eNotifications to receive emails about new events posted to the calendar.
Check out our Community Calendar for more things to do in Shakopee.
Tree Steward Training
- Date: 04/21/2018 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Introduction: Learn to plant, water, prune, and monitor tree health.
- Intro Text 9 a.m. to noon; Locations TBD
Tree Steward training will teach you the best way to plant, water and prune young trees, as well as monitor tree health. Once you are a tree steward, you will help lead volunteers during planting and pruning events and assist in other community forestry activities. Learn something new and help ensure the survival of the trees in your community! Tree owners manual and other materials included. Refreshments will be provided.
Training can include:
- Properly planting trees and leading others at planting events
- Properly pruning young trees to improve the overall health and structure
- Pruning suckers and sprouts from young and mature trees to ensure safety and proper sight lines for the public
- Watering devices available for use and the benefits of utilizing watering devices for young and newly planted trees
- Installation of watering devices on public trees
- Identification of common tree diseases and pests
- How to identify trees of concern - we want to keep the public safe!
- How to report trees of concern to your community so action can be taken
Training Date: Saturday, April 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Training Location: Shakopee TBD
For questions about the tree steward program or registration, please contact U of M’s Minnesota Tree Care Advocate program at firstname.lastname@example.org.