Several transit services are offered in the Shakopee area, including:
- Local circulator
- Commuter to downtown Minneapolis
- Bus service to Burnsville, Mall of America
- Bus service to Eden Prairie
- Shared ride (dial-a-ride)
- Daily shuttles to Minneapolis-St. Paul International airport
FREE PARK & RIDES
Southbridge Crossings Park & Ride, located at County Road 18 and Highway 169
Eagle Creek Park & Ride, located at County Roads 16 & 21 (near Eagle Creek Elementary)
Marchall Road Transit Station, 1615 Weston Court, located at County Roads 16 & 17
Shakopee Local Routes 497, 499
The community circulator transports people to common destinations within the city.
- Mini-buses run western (497) and eastern (499) fixed routes every hour 5:40 a.m. to 5:27 p.m. weekdays.
- Bus fare paid to driver when boarding. Please have correct currency; drivers cannot make change.
- Free transfer at the Marschall Road Transit Station.
- Buses can stop at any safe point along the routes.
- More info: www.mvta.com/routes/497 and www.mvta.com/routes/499
MVTA's express service transports commuters to and from downtown Minneapolis, Monday through Friday.
- Routes 490 & 493 are morning and afternoon commutes.
- Routes 491 & 492 are reverse commutes.
- More info: www.mvta.com/routes
This daily, two-way service between Shakopee and Mall of America includes a stop in Burnsville.
- Operates seven days a week approximately between 4 a.m. and midnight
- Express fare: $3 per trip during peak hours of about 6-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m.; $2.25 per trip during off-peak times
- Transfers are available to local or other routes. All buses are be equipped with regional fare equipment and will accept Go-To cards, Metropasses, tokens, Stored Value cards and cash.
- More info: www.mvta.com/routes/495
Route 638 to Eden Prairie
SouthWest Transit offers two-way service between Eden Prairie and Shakopee.
- Operates Monday through Friday approximately from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Fare: $3 per trip during peak hours of about 6-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m.; $2.25 per trip during off-peak times
- Includes stop at Marschall Road Transit Station
- More info: swtransit.org/schedules/routes/638
This is a shared-ride transit service, provided by SmartLink Transit, and is available only by reservation. By request, the driver can assist to/from the outside door of a rider’s home to the first door of his or her destination.
- All buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- Available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays but reservations must be made in advance by calling (952) 496-8341.
- Fares based on distance.
- More info: www.smartlinktransit.com
Land to Air Express
Land to Air Express provides transportation from Shakopee to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International airport.
- Scheduled shuttle service departs the Marschall Road Transit Station several times daily.
- Includes free parking.
- More info: www.landtoairexpress.com