All dogs over 6 months must be licensed in the City of Shakopee. Shakopee dog licenses are required to use the off-leash dog area at Southbridge Community Park. This includes dogs that live in other cities.
- $25 annual license (calendar year)
- $125 lifetime license (good for life of the registered dog; cannot be transferred)
- $5 replacement tag
TO OBTAIN A LICENSE:
Please submit the following to the Parks and Recreation Department:
- Dog License Application [PDF]
- Proof of rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinary clinic
- Fee payment
WHERE CAN I GET A LICENSE?
- Community Center, 1255 Fuller St. S.. Shakopee
- Purchase online (Must provide proof of rabies vaccination by email, fax or mail. Your tag will be mailed once proof is received.)
- Mail application, proof of rabies vaccination and check to Parks & Recreation Department, 1255 Fuller St. S., Shakopee MN 55379
Any questions concerning dog licenses, please call (952) 233-9500.