Night to Unite is held annually on the first Tuesday in August. It is designed to:
- Heighten awareness of crime and drug prevention efforts.
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships.
- Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
The Shakopee Police Department encourages participation in this great celebration of community, crime prevention and strong police/community partnerships.
From approximately 5 to 9 p.m., residents are encouraged to lock their doors, turn on their outside lights and spend the evening with the neighbors. Many neighborhoods host special events such as block parties, cookouts, visits from the police, fire and public works departments, youth contests and raffles.
Your event does not have to be large or elaborate. It can be as simple as having a conversation in your neighbor’s yard. The important thing is to talk to your neighbors and plan to get together.
Night to Unite is an effective, inexpensive and enjoyable program that promotes neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships in the fight for a safer nation. The benefits your neighborhood will derive from Night to Unite will most certainly extend well beyond the night.
How do I register for Night to Unite?
Registration for the 2017 event is now closed. If you have questions, contact Liz at 952-233-9441.
Night to Unite Photo Contest
- Entrants must be the sole author and owners of the image/photo.
- All submissions become the property of the City of Shakopee and may be used in any city publication, advertisement, electronic media (website, social media, E-News, etc...) or
third-party media outlet.
- Images must be from a 2017 Shakopee Night to Unite registered party
- 1st place: Image will be featured on the city website, used in 2018 Night to Unite promotional materials and featured on police department social media
- 2nd place: Image will be used in 2018 Night to Unite promotional materials and featured on
police department social media
- 3rd–5th place: Images will be featured on police department social media
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All images must be submitted to eguggisberg@ShakopeeMN.gov by 4 p.m. Aug. 11
- Images must be in JPEG format and at least 800KB but no larger than 3 MB. A maximum of five
images may be submitted.
The department will select the top five images. These images will be posted to the Shakopee Police Department Facebook page and the places will be determined by which photo receives the most “likes.”
If you have any questions, please call the Crime Prevention Office at 952-233-9441.