The “Take It To The Box” program promotes the safe use, storage and disposal of unneeded medication, prescription medication, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia. A drug disposal box is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at:
Scott County Sheriff’s Office- Main Lobby
301 Fuller St.
Shakopee, MN 55379
All drop-offs are anonymous. Items accepted include:
- Unused/ expired prescription medicine
- Over-the-counter medications
- Animal medications
- Liquid medications (must be in leak-proof containers)
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Needs and sharps are ONLY accepted at this location
Before disposing of medication into box, please do the following:
- Leave medication in original container.
- Remove your name and personal information.
- Keep the name of the medication on the container.
- Keep the container closed.
- For illegal drugs and/or drug paraphernalia: Place in paper bag or other container for privacy before dropping it into the disposal box.
The “Take It To The Box” program is funded by local law enforcement agencies, the Scott County Meth Task Force and the Scott County’s Sheriff’s Office.
For more information about the “Take it to the Box” program, residents may call (952) 496-8244.