The Street Maintenance Division is responsible for the upkeep of city streets, alleys, sidewalks, trails and signs. Shakopee currently has more than 160 miles of roadway.
- Snow removal
- Street sweeping to remove residual sand, leaves and debris. Curbed streets are swept two to four times a year and as needed. See the Street Sweeping Policy [PDF].
- Repairing potholes and cracks
- Seal coating and blacktopping. Find a list of current road and infrastructure projects.
- Storm cleanup of city-owned trees
- Installation and maintenance of traffic signals, signs and pavement markings
All county highways are the responsibility of Scott County, such as these:
- County Highway 14 (150th Street W)
- County Highway 15 (Marystown Road)
- County Highway 17 (Marschall Road)
- County Highway 16 (17th Avenue/Eagle Creek Boulevard)
County Highway 18 (Southbridge Parkway/Crest Avenue NE)
County Highway 21 (Herrgott Memorial Drive/Eagle Creek Avenue NE)
County Highway 69 (Old Brick Yard Road/First Avenue)
County Road 77 (Koeper Avenue)
County Highway 78 (Chestnut Blvd/130th Street W)
County Road 79 (Townline Avenue/Spencer Street, south of 10th Avenue)
County Highway 81 (Howard Lake Road/154th St W)
County Highway 83 (Canterbury Road/Mystic Lake Drive S)
County Highway 101 (First Avenue W)
US Highway 169 (Johnson Memorial Drive) and ramps are the responsibility of the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Report a Problem
Report a street maintenance issue, such as a pothole or malfunctioning traffic signal or call 952-233-9550. For after-hour emergencies, please call 952-445-1411.