Each summer, the city seals pavement cracks; repaints lines and crosswalks; and sealcoats streets and parking lots as part of its annual street maintenance program. Work typically includes:
- Uses a mix of heated liquid asphalt and small rock to provide an effective barrier against water intrusion, aging and oxidation.
- Can be a messy and very dusty operation. Watch for No Parking signs in impacted areas.
- While crews sweep streets of surplus rock days and weeks after installation, some chips will continue to release over time, resulting in excess rock along curbs and in yards.
- Blows out cracks and fills with rubber. The material is then covered with biodegradable toilet paper.
- It is okay to drive over the paper. Watch for No Parking signs in impacted areas.
Pavement markings/line painting
- Symbol (crosswalks, arrows) and line painting
- Performed in two phases so crews can mark overlay streets
|UPDATE June 19: Annual pavement and symbol marking are anticipated to continue through June.|