The Engineering Division is responsible for all city infrastructure construction projects. The city partners with area governmental entities, including Scott County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, on projects that impact the greater region.
- County Highway 15/16 Improvements: The city and Scott County are extending 17th Avenue and adding turn lanes from Marystown Road.
- Vierling Drive Extension: The city plans to construct a permanent connection of Vierling Drive between Taylor Street and County Road 69. The city will construct utility connections in 2017 and a permanent road in 2018.
Planned 2017 Projects
- County Highway 83/Fourth Avenue Intersection Reconstruction: Scott County plans to reconstruct the intersection and add turn lanes for a possible future traffic light. Work is anticipated to start in 2017 and continue through 2018.
Recently Completed Projects
- 2017 Street Reconstruction Project
- 2017 Bituminous Overlay Project
- Whispering Oak Sanitary Sewer Extension Project
- Trail Improvements on County Highway 79
- Annual trail sealcoating
- 2017 Scott County Bituminous Overlay Project
- 2017 Sealcoating/Chip Sealing
- County Highway 16 (Eagle Creek Boulevard) Reconstruction
- Jennifer Lane Extension
- Fourth Avenue-Shenandoah Drive Rehabilitation
- Canterbury Road/County Highway 83 Corridor Study
- Hilldale Drive Improvements Project: The city reconstructed Hilldale Drive and extended water and sewer to 10 properties.
Future Projects: 2018 and Beyond
Projects under design with future construction dates:
- Highway 169 Frontage Road: Scott County plans to construct a frontage road from County Highway 69 to Mobile Manor. The project is intended to remove direct access from Mobile Manor to Highway 169. The project is planned for early 2018.
- Interchange at Highway 169/State Highway 41/County Highway 78: Scott County plans to build an interchange in 2018. This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.
- Lateral Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation Program
See more city-proposed future improvements in the Capital Improvement Plan.