The Engineering Division is responsible for all city infrastructure construction projects. The city partners with area governmental entities, including Scott County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, on projects that impact the greater region.
- County Highway 15/16 Improvements: The city and Scott County are extending 17th Avenue and adding turn lanes from Marystown Road.
- Vierling Drive Extension: The city plans to construct a permanent connection of Vierling Drive between Taylor Street and County Road 69. The city will construct utility connections in 2017 and a permanent road in 2018.
- County Highway 83/Fourth Avenue Intersection Reconstruction: Scott County plans to reconstruct the intersection and add turn lanes for a possible future traffic light. Utility relocation began in fall 2017 with reconstruction set for 2018. County Highway 83 will be closed between County Highway 101 and Fourth Avenue from April to August 2018.
- 2018 Street Reconstruction Project: The city plans to reconstruct three city streets in summer 2018.
- Mill Pond Weir Repair Project: The city is repairing a dam near Mill Pond that was damaged during a 2014 storm. Work is anticipated to be late winter and be completed in May.
- Flying Cloud Drive Reconstruction: Hennepin County is reconstructing Flying Cloud Drive (County Road 61) between Highway 101 and Charlson Road. The new roadway will improve the driving surface and safety along the corridor, raise the road above the 100-year flood plain and add a multi-use trail along the north side of the road that will fill the gap in the trail network from Shakopee to Eden Prairie.
Recently Completed Projects
- Whispering Oak Sanitary Sewer Extension Project
- Trail Improvements on County Highway 79
- County Highway 16 (Eagle Creek Boulevard) Reconstruction
- Canterbury Road/County Highway 83 Corridor Study
Future Projects: 2018 and Beyond
Projects under design with future construction dates:
- Highway 169 Frontage Road: Scott County plans to construct a frontage road from County Highway 69 to Mobile Manor. The project is intended to remove direct access from Mobile Manor to Highway 169. The project is planned for early 2018.
- Interchange at Highway 169/State Highway 41/County Highway 78: Scott County plans to build an interchange in 2018. This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.
- Lateral Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation Program
- County Highway 42 Reconstruction: In 2020, Scott County plans to reconstruct County Highway 42 between County Highway 17 and County Highway 83 from a two-lane to a four-lane divided highway.
- 12th Avenue Trail: In 2020, the city is proposing to construct a trail along the south side of 12th Avenue from Canterbury Road to Gateway Drive.
See more city-proposed future improvements in the Capital Improvement Plan.