The Engineering Division is responsible for all city infrastructure construction projects. The city partners with area governmental entities, including Scott County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, on projects that impact the greater region.
Current 2017 Projects
- 2017 Street Reconstruction Project
- 2017 Bituminous Overlay Project
- Street Lighting: The city is replacing street lights on County Highway 69, County Highway 101 and the Lewis Street corridor between Fuller Street and Sommerville Street.
- Whispering Oak Sanitary Sewer Extension Project: The city is extending sanitary sewer to east Shakopee and removing the Whispering Oaks Lift Station.
- 2017 Scott County Bituminous Overlay Project: Scott County plans to lay new pavement on County Highway 17 between County Highway 282 and 500 feet north of Norton Drive and on County Highway 79 between 10th Avenue and County Highway 78.
- Sanitary Sewer Manhole Lining or Replacement: The city is lining and/or replacing deteriorating manholes near the Chaska/Shakopee interceptor.
- Trail Improvements on County Highway 79: Scott County is constructing a trail along County Highway 79 (Townline Avenue) from 17th Avenue to County Highway 78 and along County Highway 18 to Jennifer Lane.
- County Highway 15/16 Improvements: The city and Scott County are extending 17th Avenue and adding turn lanes from Marystown Road.
- Annual trail sealcoating
Planned 2017 Projects
- Highway 169 Frontage Road: Scott County plans to construct a frontage road from County Highway 69 to Mobile Manor. The project is intended to remove direct access from Mobile Manor to Highway 169. The project is planned for 2017.
- County Highway 83/Fourth Avenue Intersection Reconstruction: Scott County plans to reconstruct the intersection and add turn lanes for a possible future traffic light. Work is anticipated to start in 2017 and continue through 2018.
Recently Completed Projects
- 2017 Sealcoating/Chip Sealing
- County Highway 16 (Eagle Creek Boulevard) Reconstruction
- Jennifer Lane Extension
- Fourth Avenue-Shenandoah Drive Rehabilitation
- Canterbury Road/County Highway 83 Corridor Study
- County Highway 17 (Marschall Road) Reconstruction Phase II
- Hilldale Drive Improvements Project: The city reconstructed Hilldale Drive and extended water and sewer to 10 properties.
Future Projects: 2018 and Beyond
Projects under design with future construction dates:
- Vierling Drive Extension: The city is looking at constructing a permanent connection of Vierling Drive between Taylor Street and County Road 69 in 2018.
- Interchange at Highway 169/State Highway 41/County Highway 78: Scott County plans to build an interchange in 2018. This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.
- Lateral Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation Program