7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Use Fourth Avenue entrance behind the
Public Works Building (400 Gorman Street)
Every last Saturday in April, the City of Shakopee, in cooperation with Louisville Township, Jackson Township and Scott County, offers a Clean Up Day for household junk and recyclables.
Recyclable Items: $20 per vehicle
Non-Recyclable Items (going into the garbage truck): $25 per car or $30 per truck/trailer
Residents will be charged a flat fee (cash or check) based on the type of vehicle transporting the refuse. Additional fees apply as noted.
Clean Up Day is for residents of Shakopee, Jackson Township, and Louisville Township (IDs required) and is funded in part through grants received from Scott County and Shakopee's Recycling Rebate Program.
DONATIONS | Bridging Trailer
Donations, good condition:
- Furniture: Mattresses, bed frames dressers, tables, chairs, sofas (no sleeper sofas).
- Housewares: Ironing boards, irons, lamps, small appliances, bakeware, glassware, dishes, utensils, pots/pans.
- Linens: Bedding, towels, pillows, blankets.
- Specialty Items: Framed mirrors, artwork, pictures, household tools.
Shakopee Rotary collects donations of furniture and household items for Bridging Inc., a local non-profit that serves people in need throughout the seven-county metropolitan area.
Donations are tax deductible (thrift market value). To qualify, donations must be in good condition, clean, undamaged and not worn beyond a respectable life.
Furniture pickup is also available. Contact Rotarian Tim Whitcomb at 952-445-6170 with questions or to schedule a pickup.
SHREDDING | Shred Right Truck -- NEW!
On-Site Mobile Shredding: FREE! Hard drives, DVDs, CDs, video tapes, software, credit cards, packaging, paper, checks, tickets, stamps, x-rays, casino chips, playing cards, coupons, drivers licenses and more.
Located at 500 Gorman St. in front of the Engineering building. Enter in between 400 and 500 Gorman and turn left into the engineering parking lot. Sponsored by Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and Scott County Environmental Services.
ELECTRONICS | Certified Trailer
- Electronics: Stereo, TV, VCR, desktop copier/ printer/scanner. Console or projection TV: $25.
- Computers: ($10 monitor and CPU combo) Please clean personal information off hard drives before recycling.
- Car Batteries
- Tires: Up to eight.
GARBAGE | Republic Trucks
- Couches ($20).
- Mattress / Box Spring ($20 each / $40 set).
- Mirrors / Glass.
- Garbage / Refuse: Loose refuse must be boxed.
YARD WASTE | Republic Dumpster
- Yard Waste: Grass, leaves, garden material, brush, etc... in compostable bags only.
- Brush Bundles: Cut in 6-foot lengths bound with biodegradable twine.
APPLIANCES | Certified Dumpster & Trailer
- Appliances: Stove, refrigerator, freezer, water heater, dehumidifier, water softener, microwave, washer, dryer. (Limit two per vehicle).
- Scrap Metal: BBQ grills (remove briquettes), propane tanks ($5), lawn mowers (drain fuel/oil).
NOT Accepted Items
Liquids, Chemicals, Oils, Fluorescent Bulbs, Paints, Paint Cans, Landscape Blocks, Concrete, Tree Stumps, Dirt, RV/Gas Refrigerators, Contractor Building Material Debris, Hot Tubs, Bath Tubs, Whirlpool Tubs.
Scott County Household Hazardous Waste Facility accepts many of the "not accepted" items. Please call them at (952) 496-8652 or visit its website for details.
Dem Con Recovery and Recycling, LLC in Shakopee accepts many large items and some of the "not accepted" items for a fee. The service providers on this list may also take some of the "not accepted" items.