The city has five boards and commissions that advise and assist the City Council in setting policy:
- Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Park & Recreation Advisory Board
- Planning Commission / Board of Adjustments & Appeals
- Police Civil Service Commission
The City Council also appoints members to the Shakopee Public Utilities Commission (SPUC), which oversees the operation of the publicly owned water and electric utilities. It is composed of five members who serve three-year terms. For more information about the commission, visit SPUC’s website.
Find agendas and minutes from board and commission meetings on the Agendas, Minutes & Videos page.
Interested Shakopee residents are invited to serve on city boards and commissions. Apply for 2018 appointments through Dec. 15, 2017.
- Planning Commission/BOAA (2 seats)
- Park and Recreation Advisory Board (2 seats)
- Police Civil Service Commission (1 seat)
- Bicycle Advisory Committee (3 seats)
- Shakopee Public Utilities Commission (2 seats)
Most appointments are made during the months of February and March. The City Council is responsible for appointing members to the city’s advisory boards and commissions.
For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at 952-233-9300.