The city will conduct fitness testing for Shakopee police officer candidates. Fitness examinations will be conducted between June 5-14, 2017, by appointment. Candidates eligible to participate in the examinations are those having submitted a completed application form to the City of Shakopee by the deadline of May 26, 2017, and who have been selected to test based on the rating of their training and experience.
- The evaluation will take place at Vaughan Field, Shakopee West Junior High, 200 10th Avenue E., Shakopee
- You must present a current, government-issued photo I.D. to be admitted to the test.
- Please print out and complete the Waiver Form [PDF] and bring it with you to the test.
- All test components will be completed indoors. Please dress appropriately and bring a water bottle.
- If the testing has to be canceled due to inclement weather, we will notify you via the email address provided on your application form no later than 1 p.m. on the testing date.
- These tests will be run in accordance with the Cooper Fitness Standards for Law Enforcement Personnel, a nationally recognized program utilized by numerous agencies around the country. Click here for the standards for each component.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Number of sit-ups in 1 minute
- Number of push-ups in 1 minute
- 1.5 mile run